In the first ever week 1 edition of AAB's basketball league MVP we will give you a breakdown of the current front runners for league MVP.
1. Antonio Scott (Bellport)- Although Scott did not shoot the ball particularly well going just 9-25 he still finished with 32 points connecting on a current league high 7 triples and adding 7 rebounds and 3 assists with the win in week 1. Expect his shooting percentages to go up in the coming games and his average to stay in the high 20's to 30 range.
2. Steve Mears (Middle Island)- Steve scored a current league high 36 points and added 9 rebounds in the win for his team EZ1 this past week and connected on 14-17 from the free throw line. Steve can get hot and explode for 40 plus on any given night and if he continues being aggressive and getting to the line and leading his team to victories expect him to be in the mix for league MVP all season long.
3. Dashawn Morton (Brooklyn)- Dashawn led his team the Warriors to a double digit victory this past week going for 18 points 5 rebounds and knocking down 4 threes to go with it. He really set this tone for his squad which got off to a fast start and would have easily scored over 20 but fouled out with over 9 minutes left in the game. Warriors are a pretty balanced team so it is still in the air if he will keep these numbers up but if so expect Morton to be in contention also.
4. Jaquan Potter (Bellport)- Potter who arguably had the best stat line of the week went for 24 points 6 rebounds and 5 assists in his team OTF's victory. The reason why he isn't higher on this list is because he shot a sub par 7-23 from the field including just 4-16 from three. Also expect Potter to have better shooting days but with Potter being on the same team as running mate Antonio Scott it remains to be seen if there can be 2 alpha males on 1 team.
5. Stevie Dennis (Bellport)- Stevie quietly had a monster efficient game posting a double double scoring 15 points on a perfect 6-6 from the field and 2-2 from beyond the arc to go along with 10 rebounds 4 assists and 3 steals. If Stevie can stay aggressive and in constant attack mode expect his numbers to increase as well as his place on this list.