Welcome to week 2 of AAB Men's League Race to MVP.
1. Antonio Scott (Bellport)- Tone led his team OTF to a narrow 78-75 victory over a scrappy BGC team this week with 24 points 7 assists and 4 rebounds to stay undefeated on the young season. Scott continues to prove his scoring ability even when double teamed for most of the game as he is averaging 28 points so far. The only knock has been his less than stellar 17-45 shooting from the field the first 2 games which is only 37%. Barring any major setback or missed games Tone will be one of the favorites for MVP all season.
2. Dan Shaw (Central Islip)- After missing the first game, Dan has had 2 monster games for undefeated EZ1 and is averaging 25 points 13 rebounds on the season. After putting up a league high 107 points as a team this week EZ1 is the favorite to win it all with Dan as the centerpiece.
3. Alex Dekenipp (Mastic)- Frenchie has been the best player so far for team REZ averaging 22 points 6 rebounds and gaining a lot of respect around the league with his continued smooth play. If team REZ can muster up some more wins and rise up the ladder expect French to also move up the ladder for MVP.
4. Jarell White (Bellport)- Jarell's play so far on the season has him as arguably the best true big man in the league and he has put up impressive double doubles in both of his games so far averaging 17 points 14 rebounds for team BGC. BGC is in the same boat as team REZ where if there teams can gain a few more wins these respective players will rise in the MVP rankings.
5. Steven Edwards (Center Moriches)- Edwards has been a solid staple for team REZ bringing constant grit and toughness and true leadership for his team. Steve is averaging 14 points 8 rebounds and always making his stamp on the game in different ways. Although not a stat sheet stuffer, Edwards may stay on this list depending on his teams continued progression.